Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sabatino's Sausage Factory, Newport Beach CA

Because I travel so much for work I rarely go out of my way to dine out when home. Thursday night was king of a special occasion though...I had to make a trip to Orange County for some personal business and I took the opportunity to invite a few friends to dinner.
My friend's husband chose Sabatino's in Newport Beach. I'd never heard of it but checked it out online and the menu looked appealing so I made a reservation.
I'm really glad I did! This is a very cool place, if you can find it. It's in the middle of a "trailer park" although the trailers look more like really nice homes, which of course they have to since the location in on Lido Island.
I had the halibut which was melt in your mouth delicious! I will definitely return here, probably in the spring or summer so that I can enjoy the lovely patio when it is warm and dry.

Pesce Misto
Fresh tiger shrimp, scallops, fresh cockle clams, fresh mussels and fresh fish in a natural sauce with fresh tomatoes and herbs, served on a bed of Linguini. If you are a seafood lover you have to try this one.

Porcini Mushroom Ravioli
Homemade raviolis served in a light wild mushroom marsala sauce, fresh spinach and a touch of cream. Great comfort food on a cold, rainy night.

Grilled Alaskan Halibut Limone Salad
Fresh Halibut served on a bed of exotic greens topped with sun dried tomato, capers, lemon herbs and olive oil. The salad dressing was lemony fresh and light...more of a summer dish but by far my favorite at Sabatino's!

No comments:

Post a Comment